The mission of the School of Health Technology and Management (SHTM) is to provide the highest quality education in a multidisciplinary learning environment that fosters research, scholarly activity, critical thinking, evidence-based practice, leadership, and professionalism, while affirming the importance of ethical behavior, human diversity, service, and a team approach to health care. To achieve this, the School endeavors to:
- promote patient health and well being by teaching the knowledge, attitudes, and skills needed to ensure excellence in practice;
- expand knowledge through translational research, scholarship and creative activity;
- encourage innovative and responsible methods of managing and delivering high quality, cost-effective, accessible health care;
- respond to current and emerging public health challenges both locally and globally; and
- cultivate partnerships among faculty, staff, students, and community.