The Interprofessional Telehealth Board has a focus on education in the following three areas:
Interprofessional Education Curriculum Development
Responsible for creating a telehealth curriculum that will be made available in modules or in total. Modules include:
- Module 1: Introduction to Interprofessional Telehealth Education
- Module 2: Introduction to Telehealth Practice
- Module 3: Telehealth Technology
- Module 4: Telehealth Compliance, Regulation and Consents
- Module 5: Telehealth Ethics and Inclusivity
- Module 6: Telehealth and Roles/Responsibilities and Teamwork
- Module 7: Telehealth and Communication
- Module 8: Telehealth Interprofessional Student Projects
Responsible for creating content (case studies, guides, etc.) utilizing simulation and/or standardized patients to promote interprofessional practice. Responsible for creating multimedia tools to aid in simulation can be used across programs to educate about telehealth and interprofessional practice.
Interprofessional Clinical Experience
Provide clinical rotation/internship opportunities and training.
For an overview of our innovative Telehealth Interprofessional Education Program — its inception, curricula, and how it's transforming the way our current and future clinicians are using telehealth to provide high quality care and facilitate access to care for our patients — watch this video.
For a list of courses in the Health Sciences Schools that include Telehealth within their curricula, please click here.