In addition to meeting the minimum requirements set by the Graduate School, applicants for admission into the program must meet the following requirements:
- Hold a bachelor’s degree prior to the application deadline.
- Preference given to applicants a grade point average of 3.0 or better on a 4.0 scale and for applicants with a Masters' Degree.
- Have taken the Graduate Record Examination (GRE) or equivalent graduate entrance exam within the past five years or have completed an American accredited graduate program prior to applying.
- Strong letters of recommendation (Three references)
- Achieved an acceptable score on the TOEFL for international applicants.
- Applicant must submit two official transcripts from all post-secondary schools.
- One essay, no more than 1000 words on the candidate’s research interests and how those interests match to research at Stony Brook University’s School of Health Technology and Management.
The Admissions Committee will consider all factors including grades, standardized test scores, recommendation letters, essays, prior training, professional experience, and match in research interest. The goal of the committee is to select applicants who have the academic capability, personal qualities, and commitment to provide future value to society through a career in interdisciplinary health sciences research.