If you are interested in volunteering, please click here to print and complete the RRAMP Laboratory Student/Volunteer Information sheet, and contact Patricia Bley. Administrative Assistant, at (631) 444-3180 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
How to log onto the CITI Program to complete the on-line training:
- Go to https://www.citiprogram.org
- On the upper right side of the screen, click “Log In”
- Directly below the CITI Program logo, click “Log In Through My Institution”
- Find and click on “SUNY - University at Stony Brook”
- Enter your Stony Brook NetID and Password
How to find the required CITI HUMAN SUBJECTS PROTECTION AND THE RESPONSIBLE CONDUCT OF RESEARCH (RCR) courses:
- The main menu on the page will have a top bar that says “SUNY – University at Stony Brook Courses.” Click on this blue bar.
- Under the heading of “My Learner Tools” the first option is “Add a Course.” Click on this option.
- The next page will have several options on the menu. For RCR - Click on the first box, next to the words “I want to complete an RCR Course at this time.” Click “Next” on the bottom of the web page
- Click on the “Basic course” button. Then click “Next” on the bottom of the page.
- You will reach a page that tells you to choose the course mostly related to your discipline.
- Click on the box which is appropriate for your type of research.
a) Choice 1 –click next to the 1st option on the list: “Biomedical Sciences Course in the RCR”. Then click “Next” at the bottom of the page.
b) Click on the box next to the 2nd option on the list: “The Social and Behavioral Sciences Course in the RCR”. Then click “Next” at the bottom of the page.
How to find and download your completion certificate for the CITI training program:
- Once you have logged in to the CITI program website (see instructions in Part A) look for the menu bar across the top of the web page. Click on “My Reports”
- You will see a list of the courses you have completed. Look for the heading “Responsible Conduct of Research in the Biomedical Sciences or Responsible Conduct of Research in the Social and Behavioral Sciences.”
- Once you have identified the course, look to the right side of the screen.
- Under the column labelled “Completion Report,” click on “View/Print”. There will be a download-button on the top right of the screen (next to the icon of a printer). Download this PDF document and save it in your records.
- If you are a student, upload your PDF document to the corresponding assignment on your course’s Blackboard page.
- For all others, using your stonybrook.edu email address, e-mail the PDF of the completion report to the appropriate administrator as specified in the policy.