- All applications are carefully reviewed by the Physical Therapy program Admissions Committee. Each candidate is evaluated on a variety of factors including, but not limited to, academic achievement, references, demonstrated concern for others, and commitment to the profession. Selected applicants are invited for personal interviews.
- Stony Brook University Physical Therapy Program uses the PHYSICAL THERAPY CENTRALIZED APPLICATION SERVICE (PTCAS). The 2018–2019 PTCAS admissions cycle begins on July 5, 2018. It is recommended that prospective students start their application as soon as the PTCAS portal is open, and submit their application as early as possible. Decisions are made via a rolling admissions process.
- The PTCAS Application deadline is November 1 for admission to the program the following June. Applications submitted after this date will NOT be considered.
- Stony Brook University Physical Therapy Program requires completion of "Custom Questions" as part of the PTCAS application and there is a supplemental fee.
- Instructions for completing the centralized application are available at www.PTCAS.org
Submit your PHYSICAL THERAPY CENTRALIZED APPLICATION, response to Custom Questions, and fee by November 1st at the latest.
Interview Date for 2018 - 2019 is Friday, November 30, 2018 at the Southampton Campus.
Keep in mind that PTCAS application processing can take up to 4-5 weeks during peak application periods.
- Apply to the Entry-Level Doctorate in Physical Therapy Program
- Admissions Interview Schedule 2018 - 2019.