- All applications are carefully reviewed by the Physical Therapy program Admissions Committee. Each candidate is evaluated on a variety of factors including, but not limited to, academic achievement, references, demonstrated concern for others, and commitment to the profession. Selected applicants are invited for personal interviews.
- Stony Brook University Physical Therapy Program uses the PHYSICAL THERAPY CENTRALIZED APPLICATION SERVICE (PTCAS). The PTCAS admissions cycle began in early July each year. It is recommended that prospective students start their application as soon as the PTCAS portal is open, and submit their application as early as possible. PTCAS application processing can take up to 4-5 weeks during peak application periods.
- The PTCAS Application deadline this year is October 15 for admission to the program the following June. Applications submitted after this date will NOT be considered.
- Stony Brook University Physical Therapy Program requires completion of "Custom Questions" as part of the PTCAS application and there is a supplemental fee.
- Instructions for completing the centralized application are available at www.PTCAS.org
Submit your PHYSICAL THERAPY CENTRALIZED APPLICATION, response to Custom Questions, and fee by October 15 at the latest.
GREs must be taken by October 15, 2021 to apply.
Interview Dates for the DPT class that begins studies in June, 2022 will most likely be held in November, 2021, via Zoom.
Keep in mind that PTCAS application processing can take up to 4-5 weeks during peak application periods. It is advised that you submit your application early.
- Apply to the Entry-Level Doctorate in Physical Therapy Program
- Admissions Interview Schedule 2021-2022