PLEASE NOTE: The Advanced Certificate Program in Health Care Management will be accepting it's last applications on November 1, 2018. The certificate program will be closing after all current students have graduated.
The Advanced Certificate Program in Health Care Management Program is offered jointly by the School of Health Technology and Management and the College of Business to PA Post-Professional students at NO additional tuition cost. With the ever changing US health care system and the expanding roles of physician assistants, this program meets the needs of working health professionals who desire or require education, training and skills in management and related areas.
The Advanced Certificate Program is a part time 18 credit program that can be completed online. Students must be matriculated in both the PA Post-Professional Master’s Program and the Advanced Certificate program simultaneously in order to be awarded both the MS degree and the Advanced Certificate upon completion of all required coursework. Students accepted into the Advanced Certificate Program are required to be matriculated in and enroll in courses in that program for at least 2 terms. Students are not allowed to complete the required courses and THEN apply to the Advanced Certificate Program. Advisors from both the PA Post-Professional Master’s Program and the Advanced Certificate Program are available to assist with course selection.
• HAP 505 Contemporary Issues in Health Care Delivery
• HAP 511 Clinical Pharmacology Seminar for Physician Assistants
• HAP 541 Principles and Practices of Clinical Prevention and Population Health
• HAS 545 Ethics and Health Care
• HAP 552 Evidence Based Medicine: Evaluating and Applying Clinical Research
• HAP 554 Medical Writing for Health Professionals
• HAS 530 Health Care Operations
• HAS 534 Principles of Health Care Management
• HAS 538 Health Economics and Public Policy
* The elective course must be approved by the faculty of the Advanced Certificate Program in Health Care Management as a course that counts toward program.