Upon completion of the clinical rotations, students should be able to....
- Develop a data base.
- Construct a master problem list.
- Chart patient information.
- Manage, with appropriate physician collaboration, common, uncomplicated, medical problems.
- Identify indications for diagnostic procedures.
- Identify the relationship between medical and socioeconomic problems, and recognize the importance of the impact of culture on health beliefs and medical care.
- Provide patient education and counseling at an appropriate level of comprehension and sensitivity.
- Perform basic clinical procedures, e.g. venipuncture, suturing, laboratory tests, etc.