- Small class size – 30 students in our OT classes
- Affordable tuition for graduate studies
- Successful program outcomes – the last 2 years, all of our graduates passed the National Board for Certification in Occupational Therapy (NBCOT) examination on the first try – a 100% pass rate!
- All of our program graduates have gotten jobs within a few months of graduation, with most receiving multiple job offers before graduation
- Very high retention rate – more than 99% of the students who start our program successfully complete our program
- Nationally recognized faculty – each of our faculty members has earned certifications and/or recognitions in the respective areas of practice that they teach. They have been or continue to be active clinicians, and most are actively involved in local, state, and national occupational therapy organizations. They have extensive publication and/or research experience.
- A very comprehensive curriculum with new courses being added each year, and/or existing courses being revised continually in response to emerging trends in practice and student feedback.
- Close student-faculty partnerships – students work actively with faculty on research, in individual advisement, and mentoring.
- An active Student Occupational Therapy Association (SOTA) with Pre-OT Society on West Campus for interested students.
- Successful student research – each year students’ research presentations are accepted at the American Occupational Therapy Association Annual Conference
Let our students explain to you: Why Stony Brook: Below are links to a photo album and a video made by our student, May Li, sharing with you why you should consider Stony Brook.
Stony Brook Occupational Therapy Program (photo album of all student activities)
For students on West Campus:
Stony Brook Pre-OT Society