- A New York State license as a clinical laboratory technologist
- Baccalaureate degree with a minimum 3.0 cumulative G.P.A.
- Completion the
following prerequisite courses with grade C or better:
- 12 credits of Chemistry with labs (including Organic Chemistry and Biochemistry)
- 8 credits of Biology with labs (including Cell Biology and Genetics)
- 3 credits of Microbiology
- 3 credits of Immunology
- 6 credits of Mathematics (including Statistics)
- 3 credits of Pathophysiology (for non-CLS majors)
- An essay demonstrating an understanding of the profession
- Admission interview
Candidates should have good time management skills, be self-motivated/paced learners, and have a minimum level of technology competency. GRE examination is not mandatory at this time.