- The MMB program includes a total of 33 credits, and will be utilizing on-line as well as on-site courses. This will enable students to complete more than 50% of the course requirements in the distance-learning format.
- The program includes three clinical rotations in the areas of molecular diagnostics, cytogenetics and flow cytometry, and it culminates with a capstone project.
- It will be offered as a two-year prescribed part-time program during the summer, fall and spring terms.
- Students learning outcomes will be consistent with those specified by the National Accrediting Agency for Clinical Laboratory Sciences (NAACLS) for Diagnostic Molecular Scientists.
- After completion of the program, students will be eligible to take the exam for the certification of Technologist in Molecular Biology by the American Society for Clinical Pathology [MB(ASCP)].