Stony Brook University complies with Section 504 of the Rehabilitation Act and the Americans with Disabilities Act. If a prospective student who is otherwise qualified requires a reasonable accommodation, he or she should contact Student Accessibility Support Center at Stony Brook University. The following technical standards/essential functions must be met with or without accommodation.
- Students must be able to communicate in the English language, both verbally and in written format, with co-workers, hospital staff, and patients.
- Students must be able to read and comprehend written material in the English language.
- Students must demonstrate professional demeanor and behavior and must perform all aspects of work in an ethical manner in relation to peers, faculty, staff, and patients.
- Students must adhere to the codes of confidentiality.
- Students must conform to appropriate standards of dress, appearance, language, and public behavior.
- Students must show respect for individuals of different age, ethnic background, religion, and/or sexual orientation.
- Students must be physically free of use of non-prescription drugs, illegal drugs and alcohol.