The MS in Healthcare Quality and Patient Safety program and the Advanced Graduate Certificate in Patient Safety program are currently not accepting applications for admission.
Advanced Graduate Certificate in Quality and Patient Safety
2014 Admission Requirements
Preference for admission will be given to candidates that meet the following:
- An overall 2.8 GPA
- For applicants with substantive healthcare experience, but an undergraduate GPA less than a 2.8, applications will be evaluated by faculty based on experience, personal statement, and career goals to be considered for conditional admission. If by the completion of the second course, a conditionally admitted student is able to maintain a 3.0 graduate GPA, the applicant will be recommended for full admission to the advanced graduate certificate.
- Baccalaureate degree from an entry level clinical degree program.
- If an applicant has a non-clinical bachelor’s degree, he/she must have equivalent to two years of full-time healthcare experience.
- Strength of essay demonstrating an understanding of the emerging profession and a strong commitment to improving healthcare quality and increasing patient safety through the creation of a just culture.
- Strength of the letters (n=2) of recommendations
*PLEASE NOTE* This is a part-time program offering on-site evening classes only*
The Advanced Graduate Certificate in Patient Safety has rolling admissions.