The faculty in Stony Brook's Entry Level DPT Program welcomes you to consider the following important facts when choosing an academic program:
- We offer a non-competitive, supportive environment for learning.
- We boast a 3-year graduation rate of 97%.
- Our graduates' 3-year pass rate on the National Licensing Board Exam is 100%!
- We are proud to report that 100% of our licensed graduates who seek employment are employed within 6 months of graduation. Many Stony Brook students are offered employment from contacts made during their clinical internships.
- Our department includes the Rehabilitation Research and Movement Performance (RRAMP) Laboratory, a one-of-a-kind, 7,000-square-foot laboratory dedicated to helping individuals through the use of a state-of-the-art motion analysis system.
- Our students have access to the largest tertiary care hospital in Suffolk County (University Hospital) and The Long Island State Veterans Home on campus. Clinical staff from both facilities, residents from the Veterans Home and patients from University Hospital and its outpatient department participate in classroom demonstrations and case study integrative weeks. The close relationship with these facilities as well as Mather Memorial Hospital in Port Jefferson and other local physical therapy practices provides an environment for sharing clinical expertise amongst clinicians, educators and students.
Stony Brook University is a member of the elite Association of American Universities, and was ranked among the top 40 public universities in the nation by U.S. News & World Report. The Times Higher Education World University Rankings places us among the top 1% of all the universities in the world, and Kiplinger ranked Stony Brook University in the "Top 30 Best Values in Public Colleges." Here are a few reasons why Stony Brook should be the 1st choice for your future. We offer:
- A top tier education at a fraction of the cost of a private university
- Prime locations, on Long Island’s North Shore – midway between Montauk and New York City, and on the beautiful South Fork of Long Island.
- One of the nation's top university-based teaching hospitals
- Hundreds of clubs and organizations on campus, and the beach, parks, and shopping areas only a short ride away—you won’t have to go far to find fun!
WHY STONY BROOK? VIDEO